Welcome to the Moncrief Laboratory
Clinical Laboratory Science deals with the performance of laboratory analysis used in the diagnosis and treatment of disease, and in the maintenance of health. Medical laboratory personnel are responsible for the performance of these tests. Our facility has a staff of certified professionals working in the areas of Client Services (Phlebotomy), Chemistry, Hematology, Microbiology, and Blood Bank.
The goal of the Laboratory department is to ensure the medical readiness of our forces and facilitate the total health care of our beneficiaries through a customer-focused commitment to quality care. We provide laboratory services that set the standard for medical readiness, integrated health care, and service member and family support. We treat our customers and ourselves with dignity and respect, courtesy and compassion, honor and integrity. We are "Committed To Those We Serve."
The laboratory is accredited by the following or organizations:
- Patients requiring lab services MUST have proper identification with them. Accurate patient identification is required (patient identifiers are NAME and DOB).
- Patients requesting information regarding laboratory results or other confidential lab information will be referred to their Health Care Provider, Clinic or Patient Administration Division (PAD). Confidential laboratory information will not be given out due to established policies, regulations and mandates by law. (Please notify your Health Care Provider if you have any questions).
- Outside civilian providers (providers whose office is not within the premises of a military treatment facility) receive laboratory tests results via mail and/or fax.
- Outside civilian provider laboratory orders (laboratory orders originating from providers whose office is not within the premises of a military treatment facility) must be written on an order form and signed by the provider. This form should also contain the provider's DEA number or the License number.
- Most laboratory results can be viewed by accessing the MHS Genesis Patient Portal at https://my.mhsgenesis.health.mil
- Did you know, you can view laboratory orders placed by your Health Care Provider by accessing the MHS Genesis Patient Portal.
- For instructions on tests that have certain requirements before collection, please check with your Health Care Provider or call our Reception Desk at 803-751-2260/7808 for instructions. You may also stop by the lab for information/instruction sheets.
- Appointments are not necessary for laboratory tests.
- Fasting laboratory test means no food or drink for 10-12 hours prior to having your blood drawn. It is OKAY to drink ONLY WATER while fasting.
Clinical Testing Services
Clinical testing Services include most routine and limited special testing in the areas of:
Outpatient phlebotomy services are provided in the Laboratory Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Closed all Federal Holidays. Outpatients are required to present valid identification when arriving for testing. Within Moncrief, laboratory orders are placed in the patient information system by the clinic/location the patient was seen. Civilian laboratory requests will be performed for eligible beneficiaries based on facility capabilities. Laboratory requests from providers outside of Moncrief should be written on an order form and signed by the provider. This form should also contain the provider's DEA number or the License number. The form is presented at the laboratory reception area. Proper ID is required when arriving for testing. If there are tests ordered and not performed in house, most can be sent to other DoD Labs or our DoD Commercial Lab, however, there may be a few exceptions of esoteric tests not performed at either. Please contact the laboratory at 751-2260/7808 for details about specific test procedures and/or specimen collection requirements.